A luxury home in the greenery of the hills of Lucca and in a isolated position, the real estate has a surface of 600 m2 and it is surrounded by 5000 m2 of garden and parkland where it is situated a swimming pool, ideal place to take relax and to enjoy the surrounding quiet.
The house for sale is divided over three floors. The basement is composed of two cellars, a bathroom, a storeroom and three additional rooms. The ground floor consists of two storerooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, three bedrooms, a living room with wide windows through which it is possible to take a look at the surrounding and peacefull greenery. The first floor includes a bathroom, a room used as a loft and two wide terraces.
Interiors surface: 600 m2
Exteriors surface: 5000 m2
living room: 1
dining room: 1
plus other rooms and technical areas: 9
parkland: 5000 m2
Pisa 30 km - Florence 62 km - Lucca 4 km - Forte dei Marmi 37 km – Lappato Golf club 5 km – Thermal baths 18 km - Pisa airport 39 km – Highway exit: Capannori exit: 15 km
Lucca was founded by the Etruscans and became a Roman colony. The Holy Face of Lucca (or Volto Santo), a major relic supposedly carved by Nicodemus, arrived in 742. It became prosperous through the silk trade that began in the 11th century, and came to rival the silks of Byzantium. During the 10-11th centuries Lucca was the capital of the feudal margravate of Tuscany, more or less independent but owing nominal allegiance to the Holy Roman Emperor. After the death of Matilda of Tuscany, the city began to constitute itself an independent commune. For almost 500 years, Lucca remained an independent republic. In 1314, internal discord allowed Uguccione della Faggiuola of Pisa to make himself lord of Lucca. The Lucchesi expelled him two years later, and handed over the city to another condottiere Castruccio Castracani, under whose rule it became a leading state in central Italy. Lucca rivalled Florence until Castracani's death in 1328. Pawned to the Rossi of Parma, ceded to Martino della Scala of Verona, sold to the Florentines, surrendered to the Pisans, and then nominally liberated by the emperor Charles IV. Lucca managed, at first as a democracy, and after 1628 as an oligarchy, to maintain its independence alongside of Venice and Genoa, and painted the word Libertas on its banner until the annextion to the Reign of Italy, in 1860.