Wonderful agritourism resort for sale in Casole d'Elsa
In the heart of Tuscany, in Casole D'Elsa a village on the hills around Siena, there is this wonderful farmstead for sale, which is currently a productive farm and an agritourism resort.
This property for sale stands inside its 60 hectares of grounds and was completely renovated by following the late-19th-century Tuscan tradition.
This three-storey building measures approximately 600 m2 overall and is home to six apartments and completely modern barn.
The apartments are of different sizes and are equipped with an en-suite bathroom, a private kitchen, and all necessary comforts; they have been designed with great attention to details by combining the classic Tuscan tradition with more modern elements.
Besides the main building there is also an annex which is currently used as barn, but may be adapted and converted to different uses.
The garden surrounding this estate for sale is home to a wonderful swimming pool with a sunbathing area for the resort's guests.
This estate is surrounded by 60 hectares of grounds, some of which features vineyards and olive grove that produce excellent Sangiovese-based red wines and extra-virgin olive oil.
Its wide spaces and intimate context allow for a full use of this estate's features, both as a tourist accommodation facility and as a private home.
price: 2,5M to 5M
Municipality: Casole D'Elsa
Internal surface: 600 m2
External surface: 60 hectares
Siena km 34 – San Gimignano km 18 - Volterra km 21 - Florence km 56 - Arezzo km 127 – Castiglioncello km 68 - L'Abbadia Golf Club km 9 – Florence Airport km 51
price: 2,5M to 5M
farmstead in casole d'elsa
agritourism resort in the province of siena
siena, farmstead for sale on the hills
Tuscany Casole d'Elsa
Casole d'Elsa is an old Etruscan settlement, as proven by the big number of tombs found here. It is a Tuscan village standing on the side of a hill and offers a very awe-inspiring panoramic view.
In the 11th and 12th centuries it was a feud of the Bishops of Volterra. In 1260 it passed into the hands of Siena; as it was a strategically interesting location, it became necessary to build a series of defensive structures in order to protect the village from attacks, including two rounded towers on the eastern side which still exist today.
Casole, therefore, acquired the looks of a “walled tower”, that is, surrounded by walls that we can still see today.
The circle of defensive walls surrounding this Tuscan village near Siena has an egg shape and measures approximately 400 metres long and approximately 150 metres wide.
The two ancient doors that gave access to the village are no longer extant; the northern one was called Porta ai Frati, while the southern, called Porta Rivellino, may only be seen on ancient photographs dating from before it was destroyed during WWII. The eastern part of this municipality in Siena, instead, is still home to two round towers built in 1481 by Francesco di Giorgio Martini who was in charge of reinforcing the fortifications.